So you're better prepared for the ensuing leftover madness, we polled friends and neighbors for some of their most heinous Thanksgiving leftover recipe ideas. Come Friday, if Aunt Sadie offers you a Taiwanese Turkey Shake, run. Just run.
1. Turkey Burritos/Tacos/Enchiladas -- There's a reason you don't see gobbler on the menu of your neighborhood taqueria.
2. Turkey Pizza -- Same thing about the taqueria, applied to the local pizzeria.
3. Turkey Hash -- A distinct British variation, ends up soupy and flavorless.
4. Turkey Loaf -- Loaves of meat should have died out with the Studebaker; the turkey variety is no exception.
5. Turkey a la King -- We thought this had been long outlawed due to abuse by school cafeterias. But it still pops up in households across the nation.
6. Cranberry Turkey Salad -- The combination of onion salt, gelatin, eggs, whipped cream, almonds and Velveeta is nothing to be thankful for.
7. Pretty much anything with marshmallows.
8. Ecuadorian Stuffing -- Adorned with nuts, prunes and other unknown elements. Only to be eaten it if you are actually from Ecuador.
9. Taiwanese Turkey Shake -- Leftover turkey, yogurt or sour cream, nuts, milk, sugar. Slop that mess into a food processor, followed by a round in the ice cream machine. Do not try this at home.
10. Salmonella -- if you chow down on Thanksgiving leftovers left out on the table more than two hours, you're going to be on the potty for a very long weekend.